Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 6.

This was a great week of training as I wrapped up before one of the biggest races of my life, Racine 70.3! After Monday off I was back at it Tuesday morning with a great 30 mile tempo bike ride and then a nice transition run.  Wednesday was my last hard day before the race, a 16 mile run with a fast finish then a tough 4k swim in the pool.  I felt great on both of these workouts and I have some serious confidence going into the race this weekend. The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, just some fine tuning. Saturday was a nice brick workout with the team and Sunday was a solo tempo bike ride and a HOT 7 mile run. 

I am going to keep this post short as I am putting most of my energy into getting prepared for the race.  I am looking to ace my pre-race preparation and fuel plan in hopes of getting my body in the best position possible to perform.  This race has a special place in my season because I will be returning for the second time.  I raced this course in 2008 when it was the "Spirit of Racine" half distance and then was unable to race last year because it was bought by the Ironman label and the age requirement was changed to 18.  In addition, I want to go back to prove to everyone that I am a contender on the Olympic distance level and on the 70.3 level.  In a tough age division, 18-24, I will be happy with top 5 but a bid to the World Championship in Las Vegas, Nevada would really be amazing.  I have worked very hard, I have put in the time and the effort, and I have made the sacrifices necessary to succeed. I have missed parties, late nights and time with my friends but it is all going to be worth it on race day. 

6 days away. I can not wait.

Weekly totals: 14:53:04 total hours
Swim- 9400 yards
Bike- 112.53 miles
Run- 38.58 8miles
Lift- 1:35:00

1 comment:

  1. And your fan club will be cheering for you...from a distance...but you get the point! GO JUSTIN!

    ReplyDelete