Friday, January 9, 2015

Maverick Multisport

Although I made announcements on Facebook and Twitter, I wanted to take a moment to officially recognize my new sponsor for the 2015 triathlon season- Maverick Multisport.
After wrapping up 2014, I put my business-hat on and went to work. I sent emails to almost every company that I believed could potentially result in a mutually beneficial relationship. 9 out of every 10 of those emails never got a response and the ones that did came back with offers that many would find insulting. With the results that I had in my first season as a pro, at the age of 21, I thought sponsors would be fighting hand over foot to sign me up! But boy, was I wrong.... The triathlon sponsorship racket is tricky business.

But for every company that did not have the foresight to realize my potential and get in on the ground floor, there was one guy who believed in me. Chris Hutchens, the director of the Maverick Team, reached out to me right away and we instantly clicked over the phone. I took a few weeks to weigh my options and when it came time to make a decision, Chris would not let me go another direction. He wanted me on his team. And I wanted to be on his team.

So that takes us to today. I'm officially a member of the 6-athlete Maverick Multisport elite team. Next week I am heading down to Louisville for a team camp where I will get acquainted with my teammates, learn about the new gear and promote the heck out of the sponsors.

On the right hand side of this blog, you can see all of the sponsors that I will be supporting this season. Feel free to click on the logo to learn more about each one and consider taking advantage of these wicked discounts:

Infinit Nutrition Code: Maverick which gives customers 10% off all regularly priced items, custom products included
BSX Athletics Code: MavJustin $40 off on the Multi-Sport device ONLY
Blueseventy Code: MavJustin for 20% off 
Primal Sport Mud Code: mavjustin15 for 20% off 

That's all for now but stay tuned for another update about my 2015 race schedule and more details about the camp next week. 

Happy training, 
Justin 



1 comment:

  1. Justin- This is very exciting news! Best wishes for amazing races in 2015! Your former neighbor, Joanne Merkle.

    ReplyDelete