Monday, December 15, 2014

2015 Preview

Here we go! 2015 is right around the corner... and I thought it was about darn time all of the Justin Metzler Triathlete fans got a bit of an update on what the heck I have been up to and what I plan on doing with my life. Instead of inundating everyone with a novel-esque post divulging everything at once, I will be releasing a shorter, more manageable post every Monday for the next few weeks. Thanks for tuning in and look forward to some great posts!

The first question up on the docket: Where are you right now (literally) and where are you going? 

If you haven't noticed, my physical location seems to be in constant flux over the past few years... Iowa City to Chicago, then back to Iowa City this past August (where I am now); not to mention all of the race-travel mixed in between. Initially, I had planned on being in Iowa City for the remainder of the school year in order to obtain my degree in May but in true Metzler fashion, I somehow finagled my schedule so that I can take the remainder of my classes online and still graduate next semester with a degree in Human Physiology. Holy crap.... The possibilities are now endless.... 
I felt something like this

As many of you know, I recently signed on with famed-triathlon coach Jesse Kropelnicki, founder of QT2 Coaching Systems. Every February, Jesse holds a camp in Clermont, Florida where all of his professional triathletes meet up and train as much and has hard as possible for three weeks straight. From the onset of our initial conversations, Jesse stressed how valuable this camp is to the overall training plan and I began to make arrangements to head down to Florida right before it started. But then it hit me.... It's cold in Iowa. And it's not cold in Florida. And I don't have to be in Iowa. Hmm... Why don't I just go down to Florida before the camp? Well, that was a fine idea and one that stuck. So instead of trudging through another Midwest winter, I'll be heading down south to soak up the sun in Central Florida this January. 

In the past, my season/ life plan has always been insanely fluid and seemed to change every other day. But with Coach Jesse at the helm, things are MUCH more structured (which is amazing). So let's take a look at how this is all going to go down: 
  • January 16th-19th: Maverick Multisport Elite Team Pro Camp in Louisville, KY (more on this later!) 
  • January 19th-22nd: Drive from Louisville, KY to Clermont, FL (I'm warm now, suck it trainer!) 
Time to seriously get in shape... 
  • January 22nd-February 13th: Training in Clermont (Staying with super-fish professional triathlete Sara McLarty) 
  • February 13th-March 1st: QT2 Pro Camp 
  • March 1st- March 12th: More training in Clermont
  • March 16th: First race of the year 
So there you have it! And as I sit here in my Iowa City apartment, preparing for my final exams, freezing my butt off and watching the pouring rain, there is a whole lot to look forward to. 2014 was a great year and I surpassed a lot of expectations. But in 2015, I am taking things to the next level. Triathlon is my job. It's what I am choosing to do with my life. Time for the big leagues now... 

Tune in next Monday for another update! But before you go... 

Like my Facebook page- Justin Metzler Triathlete 
Follow me on Twitter- @justin_metzler
Follow me on Instagram- @justin_metzler 
Follow me on Strava- justin_metzler 

Justin 









No comments:

Post a Comment