Monday, January 7, 2013

New year updates!

2013 is officially underway and big things are coming your way from Chi-towns most passionate young multisport enthusiast!

I realize that I have been a little bit MIA since the San Antonio High Performance Camp but DO NOT PANIC, I have been hard at work. I believe I mentioned that the Texas camp was the start to my 2013 campaign and I was not lying. After some much deserved off time and a little Thanksgiving splurging, I sat down with the boss Craig Strong at Precision Multisport and we hashed out the plans for the upcoming season of racing. I consulted my financial manager (Dad) and we have nailed down what I think is a pretty solid lineup of events. Although things are subject to change and move around slightly, here is what 2013 is going to look like for me: 

March 
1.) NBP Challenge (Sarasota, FL)- Draft Legal Elite Developmental Race 
April
2a.) USAT Collegiate National Championship (Tempe, AZ)- Olympic non-drafting event
2b.) USAT Collegiate Nationals Championship (Tempe, AZ)- Sprint draft legal event 
2c.) USAT Collegiate Nationals Championship (Tempe, AZ)- Mixed tem relay event
May
3.) Memphis in May Triathlon (Memphis, TN)
June
4.) Leon's Worlds Fastest Triathlon (Hammond, IN)
5.) 5150 Muskoka (Muskoka, Canada)
July
6.) Lifetime Minneapolis (Minneapolis, MN) 
7.) Racine 70.3 (Racine, WI)
August
8.) Age Group National Championship (Milwaukee, WI)
9.) Lifetime Chicago Triathlon (Chicago, IL)
September
10.) 5150 National Championship HyVee Triathlon (Des Moines, IA)

11.) 70.3 TBD (Augusta, Austin or Miami)

I am extremely excited to hit every single event on this calendar. I have three National Championship events, two 70.3's, some very competitive non-drafting Olympic distance races and some draft-legal racing thrown into the mix. This schedule gives me the ability to train hard for the longer distance races but still maintain some speed for the Olympic non-drafting events and sprint draft legal races.

Similar to the 2012 season, my main goal is to gain critical racing experience and improve individually as an all around triathlete. With that being said, I would not be surprised if podium finishes and pro-card qualifications are achieved in the process.

Something about this year has me more invigorated than ever before. I am driven, motivated and focused from sunrise to sunset, every day of the week. I have the support from my coaches, from my family and above all else, I believe in my own ability to achieve success.
Thanks to Brian at Running Away Multisport for hooking me up with a GFU fit! I bike-geeked so hard for like 2 days after this. 
As for what I have been up to over the last few weeks, it has pretty much been the life of a full-time pro! My winter break lasts nearly five weeks and this gave me the perfect opportunity to come home and have a long training camp of sorts. I have been able to really dial into my recovery, nutrition and training efficiency. This year has started off on the right foot and I intended to carry this momentum into the coming months of racing and intense training.

The perks of having a home gym and mom as a personal trainer. Not a bad setup...
Unfortunately due to the frigid temps of the Northern Chicago suburbs, a lot the hours I have been logging have been in the pool, on the trainer/ treadmill and in the gym. With all of that stationary movement, I have found it crucial to have the highest quality gear to ensure the focus is on my wattage numbers rather than the thickness of my chamois pad. Believe it or not, the Craft PB bib shorts are currently my favorite piece of training equipment. Want to put in a few hours on the trainer without any discomfort? Get a pair for yourself HERE.

Well, that's pretty much all I have for today! I will try to be more diligent about posting in the coming weeks as the racing and training season kicks up. If you have any questions, would like to train together, are interested in sponsoring me, want to meet up before/ after one of the races on the schedule, would like to chat about all things triathlon, want to learn some sweet foam rolling techniques (I consider myself a pro in that department) or want to find out the best ways to make oatmeal taste amazing, hit me up!

Justin




No comments:

Post a Comment