Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 2.

This was a solid week, recovering from a few weeks of hard efforts, my total mileage and hours of training was decreased. The foot is feeling great and I am back up to full strength running on it. However, I still need a few runs to get back into the swing of things and get my running power back.

The week started off with the usual 5AM interval bike session that I ended up doing on my own because my teammates were either racing at Kansas 70.3 or recovering from Ironman Texas. Still, I had one of my most efficient and fast Tuesday morning rides ever.

My first real run back was a whopping 15:00 on Wednesday and I was able to step it up to 30:00 on Friday. Both sessions with no pain at all!

Saturday I had a two hour ride that I did on my own, giving me a chance to get mentally prepared for my upcoming bit of hard training and getting back into racing mode. It was a good session, I kept it relativity easy, and I have some confidence going into the next couple of weeks.



That morning, I also did a transition drill to perfect some of the flaws in my transition.  I set up the area just like I would for a race; put on my wet suit and race suit, set up my bike and set out my race flats.  I went through T1, took off my wet suit, went out on the bike for a bit, got in the aero position and then came back through T2, ran hard for 1 minute and then jogged back to repeat 2x more. I was able to work on my running mount onto the bike and work on getting my wet suit off with no problems. It was a good drill and I was happy to get the practice in.


Sunday I finished up the easy week with 40:00 run on the trails and then 30:00 of pool running.  Foot felt great and my run fitness is coming back very fast. I was able to easily run the 40:00 at a 7:00 min/mi just being my 3rd run back. I'm in good spirits. 

Now I'm getting prepared for the upcoming week of 17 hours of training.  I am getting ready for Racine 70.3 on 07/17 and Bigfoot Olympic Triathlon on 6/26. I am dying to get back to competition as I haven't raced since 05/01 at St. Anthony's.

Today, I take the customary Monday off to let the body recover and prepare for what's ahead.

Here are the weeks totals: (13:23:49 total hours)
Swim: 5700 yards
Bike: 98.02 miles and 1:00 of recovery riding on the trainer with single leg drills.
Run: 11.26 miles
Pool run: 2:45:00
Lifting: 1:15:00
Trans. drill: 0:30:00


Some other pictures from the transition drill. 


1 comment: